Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Farewell U.S., Hola España

Today I begin my grand adventure. Two months in Spain. Seriously, who does that?! I am one very blessed girl, especially after this weekend. Yup, in spite of all that happened I'm still getting on that plane: cuts, scrapes, bruises, and all. If you haven't seen the pictures, here's a couple of the accident.




But all is well. This amazing, little body of mine (amazing as in astonishing or awe-inspiring because of its complexities, not as in insanely attractive. Although, I won't be offended if you think my body is kickin'! ;)) will be healed in no time.

As we speak, or as I write I guess, I'm sitting in the Dulles (pronounced dull-is, not dools) airport in DC waiting for my eight-hour flight to MADRID!! How am I feeling right now, you ask? A combination between ridiculously excited and completely terrified. This is my first time out of the country, and I signed a contract saying I would only speak Spanish, a language I am definitely not fluent in. But you know what? I think it's good for you to be completely terrified every once in a while. It makes you appreciate the times when things are nice and comfortable. Plus, how are you supposed to grow if you're not thrown outside your nice, comfortable world? I think that is what I'm looking for in this experience: growth, and lots of it. I want to become an even better person who is more aware of the world and the people in it. That is what I'm so excited for (besides those steamy Spanish men. JUST KIDDING!). So one emotion leads to the other. My terror brings potential for growth, which in turn brings excitement for that growth. What a great time to be alive!

I can’t wait to share all my experiences and growth with all you loved ones. Yeah, it sucks having to be so far away. You guys make my life worth living. But then we’re back to the terror and the growth and the excitement. All I can do is say thank you. Thank you for the guidance and the experiences that have brought me to this point in my life. I hope you enjoy watching my antics as much as I will enjoy doing them! It’s going to be a great two months. So jump on and relish the ride with me!

I can’t use my phone over here since it costs outrageous amounts, so please don’t text me! If you want to get a hold of me, add me on Skype! Username: e.chipman. Just let me know who you are because I won’t add creepers!! (but creepiers are alright)
Facebook is a great way too!
Also, I have this texting app I can use when I have Wi-Fi. So if you get a text from a strange number it’s probably me, although I’ll let you know just to be sure.
If you want the address where I’m staying, shoot me an email or a facebook message. I don’t want stalkers to find me without my consent, ya know.

¡Hasta pronto!

1 comment: