Monday, January 12, 2015

Pioneer Dayyyys

Well hi there mi querida familia!!! I sure do love you all!!

Now, what all happened this week...

Presidente and Hna Parreño were here for interviews!! Gosh, they are just the best. I definitely know I was called to this mission just for them. I can´t wait to visit them in Spain after all this! ;)

This week we´ve mostly been trying to find people to teach, which means lots of walking and lots of talking to errybody. This always makes for funny stories though. For example, we knocked on this door looking for a contact we´d made earlier and another girl answered. I start going off in Castellano asking all sorts of questions. She responds and I did not understand what she was saying. Haha, that´s still pretty normal so I asked one of my questions again and she just looked confused. I´m like, dang it!!! I can´t even speak this language! Meanwhile Hna Saunders is thinking, ok this girl is not speaking Spanish. German maybe?? Haha, yeah that went right over my head. Eventually we got on the same page and found out she´s from Denmark and speaks English. Then we had a nice little conversation in English. :) Haha, my favorite though was we knocked on this door and about ten seconds later we see this finger poke through the letter flap and then disappear.... So what did we do?? Knock again of course! No shame. :)

I think the most exciting thing this week was the opportunity we´ve had to live like pioneers. For the majority of this week we´ve been without running water and this is common during the summer in Mar del Plata. When it´s hot out all the people go to the beach or fill up their pools or wash their cars, then they all go home and shower and there´s not enough water pressure to fill our water tanks. Since we live on the second floor, we have zero water. But down below there´s a nice little water spicket, so we just go downstairs with our buckets, fill ´em up, and take bucket showers. So fun, haha. We´re actually kind of used to it now. But we´re in the process of looking for a new apartment, on the bottom floor, with a washing machine, haha. Good times in the mission field. :)

That´s all for this week! I love you!! Make good choices and read your scriptures! :D

Con mucho amor,
Hna Chipman

Making pizza with Luci! They´re moving this week. :(

FHE night with Nico and the Riquelmes!

9 meses (months) for me compy!! :D
(explanation: her companion has been on her mission for 9 months, thus the joke)
;)

Where´s mine???

This pup comes to church erry week! :)

Gonna miss these two. SUCH a cute couple. They help us so much!

Who wants to shower?? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment