Sunday, March 4, 2012

Learning


There is no denying that I have the BEST major ever. Seriously, the accounting students are super spoiled. And I love it. I’m getting to have so many great experiences because of it. Case in point, last Saturday PwC treated us and a guest to a ski day at Sundance, so I brought little Heather up to teach her how to ski! She freaking rocked it. That girl is a natural. It must be something about that Panhandle blood (she’s from Spokane). We were born to play in the snow or something.

IMG_1894

IMG_1900
Obvs a natural.

IMG_1902

Besides skiing, they served us lunch and we had time to network with some of the professionals. I made a beeline right to the San Jose table so I could chat with one of the recruiters. The more I learn about San Jose and the market there, the more excited I get about going there. It’s the tech capital of the US, if not the world, and the companies there are always growing and changing, making for some exciting and challenging work. PwC also brought in Comedy Sportz to perform for us. Basically, it’s our local version of Whose Line Is It Anyway? Is that show even on still? I can remember staying up late to watch episodes of that and almost peeing my pants. I think Comedy Sportz did them justice.

So I learned three things that day: 1) I really really really really really wish I had time to be a ski instructor. I LOVE teaching people how to ski. I love seeing how excited they get when they catch on and how eager they are to learn more; 2) I’m really liking what I see at PwC. I didn’t know that much about them before, but from what I’m learning about the people that work for them and their culture, I’m definitely interested in exploring my options with them; 3) I’m still an Idaho girl, through and through. I will always swear by Idaho skiing, especially the Schweitzer variety. I mean, I guess Sundance isn’t the best place to judge the Utah skiing scene. I should probably expand those horizons. But for now, I’m all Idaho.

In other exciting news, Candice and I took Heather ring shopping yesterday! Yes, that does mean that we acted like giddy school girls. And yes, that also means that Candice and I were trying on rings. I found a lovely Neil Lane one. Now I just need to find someone to buy it for me. Anyway, Heather is approaching the day when a very lucky man will ask for her hand in marriage. And she deserves it more than anyone I know. They actually met on a blind date (I’m glad to see those working out for someone) about a month and a half ago. I know, you’re probably thinking WHOA! Isn’t that moving a little fast? Aren’t they rushing into it? And usually I would agree and be questioning the future of that relationship. But in this case, I don’t at all. They are both very sensible people. They are both at the point in life where they know what they’re looking for, and they communicate all of that to each other. I don’t know how I know, but I just know that they will make each other very happy. So I’ll be looking forward to some wedding bells this summer, and that means pictures!!!! It’s been too long since I’ve had a good photo shoot.

Well, second round of midterms start tomorrow. I can’t believe it’s already March. And that means summer is right around the corner! I can’t wait for sunshine and swimming and hiking and camping and road tripping. It’s going to be quite wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment