Monday, November 17, 2014

Week of Esfuerzos!!

Visiting the playa last prep day!
A big HOLA to all my favorite people in the whole wide world! Seriously, I hope you all know how much I love and adore you. I have been so blessed with the people in my life. MUAH! I hope you are all happy and healthy and getting all pumped for the holiday season! :D  Christmas stuff is appearing in the stores here, which is kinda weird because it´s also summer here... Haha, welcome to the southern half of the world! 

I'm still adjusting to life here. It's definitely different than I´m used to but I'm getting the hang of things. Slowly but surely. For example, our washing machine is broken so I got to learn this week how to wash all my clothes by hand. :) Yahoo! It really is the little things in life. Count your many blessings every single day because there are a TON of them (like working washing machines ;)).

Hola playa :D

Classic jump shot. Presh.

Seinfeld in Argentina! Thought of you daddy-o when I saw this!

Also, I´m getting REALLY good at bus surfing. My wakeboarding/wakesurfing skills are coming in handy here. I'm gonna be a pro by the time I come home!

So this week we did something called Esfuerzos. Every day this week all the missionaries in our zone worked in one area of the zone to find people. Our zone leaders said we found over 200 new investigators! We got some work to do now! :D

We also had zone conference on Tuesday. Presidente and Hna ParreƱo are just the best. Seriously. People say you actually get called to the mission with the mission president that you need. I believe it. They are incredible, so loving, and supportive. They are taking good care of me!! In the conference we talked a lot about working more with members, not only to find and baptize people but also to retain and reactivate people. The members' help is SO essential in this work!!!


Speaking of the members, the members here are also incredible. They are SO strong and you can just feel the love that they have for the Gospel and for other people. I still can´t speak or understand very well, but I can feel their love. I´m excited to work with them in this great work. There is a woman named Dorisu and she´s probably the poorest woman in the ward, but she LOVES to help the missionaries. She comes out with us. She feeds us some of the most delicious food. She sacrifices so much to help us. I just love her. And the youth here are incredible. We´ve gone out with several young women/young adults that just love missionary work. They love this Gospel and are so firm. Wow. They blow me away.

Well, there´s the report for the week. I love you all, to the moon and back. Really, my heart just overflows with love and gratitude when I think of all the love and support I have from home. :)

Abrazos y besitos!!
Hna Chipman

Welcome to our cute casita!

Gourmet chefs making some tortas fritas. Yum!

Photobombed. :) Gracias elderes

No comments:

Post a Comment