Monday, November 24, 2014

Viva Argentinaaaaaa!

Lab!!! So many dog friends
Hola fam! Happy Thanksgiving week (right???)!!!! I hope you all are doing something fun! But of course you are, because we always have the best parties! :)

I officially turn TWO today in the mission! I can't believe it's already been two months. But at the same time it feels like an eternity. Time is so weird here. I realized the mission is like the first years of our lives, and once you turn 18 they kick you back into the real world to fend for yourself! Guess I still got awhile though. ;) 

The Spanish is still... coming. But I´m understanding MUCH more! Like 80 percent now. :D It's still hard thinking in Spanish but sometimes I dream in Spanish. That's a good sign, right??

Yeah, I ate that WHOLE tomato piece Grandpa ... still not a fan, haha

So I thought I'd write a bit about the Argentine cuisine. A typical meal consists of meat, bread, and potatoes, but they have TONS of different types of potatoes. Super yummy. Sometimes we have pizza or pasta too. And they put mayo and salt on basically everything. You learn to love it, haha. For dessert we eat lots of dulce de leche, helado, and some divine pastries. Oh yum. Don't worry, I'm eating pretty well here. And we need it because we walk and walk and walk some more. :) The big meal here is lunch, which we usually eat with a member. Then dinner is either really small or we don't eat anything at all because we are STILL full from lunch. Seriously. Like everyday, haha.

Just look at all that food! And our amigo Damian, haha

The lightning storms here are incredible, btw. We had a couple this past week. God's fireworks are def the best.  :)

Cute lil´convert Brian bought us a whole cake! YUM! :D

This week we found an investigator named Facundo. He works for a circus and he has a trampoline and trapeze bars IN HIS HOUSE!!!! It's sweet. He's super open to learning more and he really is interested in knowing if this is true.

Bus surfing... told ya, pro

I really love studying and teaching this Gospel. The more I do it, the more I know it is true. God's plan for us is incredible. The way to the greatest happiness and joy in this life and the life to come is right before us. We just have to choose to walk the path.

I LOVE YOU!!! Times a gazillion. Eat lots of turkey and potatoes for me! :)

Love, love, love,
Hna Chipman

Well hi there, can I share a message with you?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment