Monday, December 15, 2014

Milagros en MdP!!

Well hi there familyyyyyy!

We´ve had a lovely week here in MdP! So many good things/miracles.

We had our missionary Christmas party on Tuesday! Presidente and Hna Parreño were here, as well as the missionaries from all the zones in Mar del Plata. What a blast. We sang at a couple retirement homes, ate a big Christmas lunch (with Motab and David Archuleta playing in the background - holla!), and had a Christmas devotional and talent show. Hna Pinnock and I sang a rendition of "I Am a Child of God" with fake mustaches... don´t worry. I got all the awkwardness on video, haha. We are quite the duo. ;)

I can´t believe this transfer is over already! Hna Pinnock left yesterday to start her journey home. :( Yeah, we cried. I miss her already. I could not have asked for a better trainer. I actually won´t get my new companion until next week, so right now I´m in a trio with the other Hermanas, Hna Heumann and Hna Bermudez.

We had people at church this week!!! First, this cute lil´ lady and her two niños. We met them in the street the other day and invited her. We passed by her house in the morning and she was ready to go! Heck yes! She liked it and now I´ve got some really pretty art in my agenda from her kids. :)

Second, our boy Nico. Lemme tell you about him. He is a BOSS. We started teaching him three or four weeks ago and everything has really just clicked with him. He´s been reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it and he knows it´s true. But things have come up that have kept him from coming to church and this past week he told us that if he gets baptized he can´t live at his house anymore (he lives with his parents and sisters). Dang. That´s tough. BUT he know this church is true and he wants to be part of it. He wants to be a good example for his family and he knows this Gospel can help him do that. So right now we´re fasting and praying real hard that his parents will support him in this decision. They don´t mind us coming by and they always greet us, so we´re not exactly sure what´s up. For now, we´re gonna keep teaching him; he´s gonna keep reading, praying, and coming to church. Future missionary/bishop/leader right hurrrrr! But seriously, his faith is INCREDIBLE!

Oh, I just love you all so much! I hope you´re having fun getting all ready for Christmas! Throw some snowballs for me!

Con amor,
Hna Chipman

So fancy eating at McD´s. But seriously. This is like SUPER fancy here.

Going to sing for the cute abuelitos! :)

MAR!

Matching pens for Christmas. Presh.

Facturas. Oh yeah. This was our dinner one night. Bad idea, haha, but SO yummy!

Our boy Nicoooo! :D

I love this woman. Miss her already!

No comments:

Post a Comment